HOME HEALTH STUDYSee the results that show how Van's Chem-Dry improves the interior of your home
Home Health Study Results
In late 2014, we commissioned a leading independent air quality laboratory to conduct a study for us, with the goal of quantifying the healthfulness of our innovative Hot Carbonated Extraction (HCE) carpet and upholstery cleaning method. We decided to not only test allergen removal from carpets, but also allergen removal from upholstery and our ability to remove bacteria from the home. The study was conducted in a cross-section of consumer homes in the U.S. and abroad, using our HCE process along with a pre-spray treatment.
Here are the results from the final report:
Common household allergens removed from carpets and upholstery
Allergens removed from upholstery
Allergens removed from carpets
Airborne bacteria removed
Average effectiveness at eliminating pet urine odors
Bacteria removed from pet urine stains in carpets
Bacteria removed from tile surfaces
Bacteria removed from granite countertop surfaces
Do You Know ￼￼What’s Inside Your Home?
- 1 in 5 Americans suffer from allergies and asthma (AAFA)
- Allergy is the 5th leading chronic disease in the U.S. (AAFA)
- Approximately 40 million Americans have indoor/outdoor allergies as their primary allergy (AAFA)
- The most common indoor/outdoor allergy triggers are: pet dander; dust mite allergen; tree, grass and weed pollen; and mold spores (AAFA)
- 25 million Americans have asthma (AAFA)
- 44,000 people have an asthma attack every day in America (AAFA)
- Indoor pollution in U.S. homes exceeds the levels of outdoor pollution by two to 100 times, depending on factors such as whether the residents smoke (Web MD)
- Eight out of 10 people in the United States are exposed to house dust mites, and six out of 10 are exposed to cat or dog dander. Controlling the air quality in your home, office and car can reduce allergy and asthma symptoms (AAFA)
- Each year, allergies account for more than 17 million outpatient office visits, primarily in the spring and fall; seasonal allergies account for more than half of all allergy visits (AAFA)
- About 20 million Americans have a dust mite allergy (AAFA)
- Over 100,000 dust mites can be found in 10 square feet of carpeting (NCBI)
- A typical used mattress can house 100,000 to 10 million dust mites (CDC)
- 2,000 dust mites can live on one ounce of carpet dust (Chem-Dry)
- Approximately 10 million people are allergic to cat dander, the most common pet allergy (AAFA)
- The “dander,” or skin shedding of an animal, is more potent in causing allergic reactions than the animal’s fur or hair (MedicineNet)
- Carpets harbor about 200,000 bacteria on every square inch (Chem-Dry)
- A carpet can hold eight times its weight in toxin-filled dirt and dust (Chem-Dry)
- A carpet can hide as much as one pound of dirt per square yard (Chem-Dry)
- The carpet in your home could be seven times dirtier than a city street (Chem-Dry)
*Based on results from a study conducted by an independent laboratory using Chem-Dry’s Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. Airborne bacteria results includes use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple homes.
Call or Text Today For A Free Price Quote!
Proudly serving the Sacramento & Elk Grove metro areas, including: Carmichael, Elverta, Gold River, North Highlands, Rancho Cordova, Rancho Murieta, Rio Linda, Rosemont, West Sacramento & Wilton, CA.